Sunday, February 21, 2021

Firesign Theatre - Boom Dot Bust - 1999 - Updated!

A reviewer said: "Boom Dot Bust" is wonderful--and totally unexpected. After waiting 20 years for a new creation ("The Three Faces of Al" was good, but Nick Danger was not new) I felt let down by "Give Me Imortality..." which was funny but pretty shallow. I was thinking "you can't catch lightning in a bottle twice" when "BDB" arrived. It was like finding a Firesign record from 1975 that I hadn't heard before. It has everything I love about Firesign: layer-upon-layer of delightful word-play, satire, and verbal slapstick. Just like "Bozos" you can listen over and over, with repeated pleasures-of-discovery. The 4 or 5 have recaptured their old magic. My wife and kids don't understand any of it, though I've tried and tried to explain my "Uh Clem" license plate. If you enjoyed any classic Firesign, you'll enjoy Boom Dot Bust". Link in comments.

12 comments:

Edfray said...


*Here you go*

mcultice said...

Big thanks, Edfray!

Arcmay

Psychfan said...

Thanks very much!

festoonic said...

Thank you!

OG said...

Thanks for the Firesign.

I think that "Sensitive" warning is directed your way, I had to refresh the page twice before the "accept" button would work

Cheers
oBeyGravity

Fieldhippie said...

Mucous garcias!

James Adam Byrnes said...

They did most of the cd live when I saw them @ The Aladdin in Portland Oregon in 2005.A great show by a great group of guys!

Edfray said...

Nice! So they did something of a tour with it.

Glenn said...

Thank you very much. One question: According to any information I can find, tracks 1 & 2 are each 1:48 in length but in your zip track 1 is 12:48 and track 2 is 10:41. I'm confused.

Edfray said...

Here is Boom Dot Bust ripped from another source. I am convinced it is complete. Please give it a spin.

*Here you go*


Lonesome Beet said...

Thank you for this! ("Uh Clem" license plate, huh? Excellent!)

Lacey said...

I was a sickly child and spent many days in bed listening to old-time radio shows and then, thanks to an older "hipper" family member, the FST. None of my friends, who were of the visual generation, understood it but I did. Thank you for all the posts. I LOVE the Uh Clem license plate. I wish I had thought of it.